Sunday, July 15, 2007

Learning the New Lingo

After this weekend I learned about furl, blogs and flickr. While I had heard the term blog before I was awakened to the diverse possibilities it holds. As for furl and flickr these were new terms all together. Furl is a web based bookmarking system that allow a person to not only categorize their links but also decide if they want to make them for public or private access . The last but not least is flickr is a web site that has what seems to be an endless supply of pictures. While all pictures are available for viewing some can be downloaded and some can altered.

After leaving class this weekend I have a bad case of information overload. There's so much to learn, I just need to give myself some time to digest all the information.

2 comments:

Germano said...

I think we all felt a little bit of information overload after this week-end. Now as it has started sinking in for me I'm really intriqued and excited about the possibilities of using the new technology both in my classroom and for myself. I hope you are feeling better about it all too.

Unknown said...

Hello, my name is Courtney, and I am a Lesley student as well. I am a part of the Cumming cohort. Tonight we had to look at your class' blog and I saw that you were mentioning bookmarks. I recently found out about bookmarking sites too and thought you would be interested in google's. Google just came out with a "teacher" site where you can save websites and any other information you find on the internet in a Google notebook. It's really cool! All you have to do is download the google notebook and re-open your browser. Then you just highlight whatever information you want to be able to retrieve and it sends it to your notebook. It's the same idea as the bookmark. Anyway, thanks for reading! ~Courtney H.